UFW Secures First Renewal Contract In Four Years
Pacific Triple E, a tomato grower and shipper in Tracy, has reached agreement on a 3 year renewal contract with the UFW and the 450 farmworkers it represents.
• Piece rate increased such that employees will make $19.84/hour on average.
• “Best rate paid for tomato growers in the U.S.” according to the UFW.
• Includes paid holidays, and bonuses
• First renewal agreement for the UFW since 2012.
• The UFW was certified to represent Triple E workers in 1989.
• The previous contract covered a peak of 800 workers.
• Previous contract included pension plan, grievance procedure, seniority system, and three paid holidays.